The smart phone of microscopy
Precipoint’s M8 serves as a dual microscope and scanner with all features accessible via a touch screen computer – making it a truly digital microscope. Our intuitive software allows for easy navigation through your microscope slides with just the touch of your fingers.
With everything automated and digitized, there is no need for oculars and manual focus knobs. Work with a touchscreen computer, a tablet, or a smartphone and examine the sample with your own hands, literally.
Our Live Stitching feature instantly combines multiple pictures taken at the resolution of the objective to produce one single, full-screen image. Have an overview of the entire microscope slide within seconds and an amazing large field of view. Focusing and brightness correction is automatic with PreciPoint’s M8 to produce a high resolution image.
Work Flow - M8 as Microscope
M8 Microscope starts by scanning your whole slide for an instant overview of your specimen. The overview will always show on the left top corner of the screen so that you can easily access your areas of interest. Navigate and zoom directly to the relevant regions of the slide images without searching around aimlessly. M8 also has the capability of reading slide barcodes.
Region of Interest
The M8 from Precipoint is truly smart and digital:
Our Live-Stitching feature combines individual pictures taken at the maximum resolution of the objective within seconds to a full-screen single picture. This gives you an amazingly large field of view not seen in microscopy yet and makes a change of objective redundant.
Work Flow - M8 as Scanner
Digitized & Findings
Once your slide is scanned, use our free slide viewer software ViewPoint to view the sample. Zoom seamlessly through the slides with your fingers, enabled by the concept of intuitive operation. Annotations, measurements, multiple fields of view, and other software based applications empower you and your work.
The M8 microscope enables you to work from anywhere at anytime. Access and operate the M8 remotely and in real-time (telepathology); connect, share and discuss your findings with your colleagues and specialists from all over the world.
- Overview picture; bar code recognition possible
- 1x-350x Zoom and Live-Stitching makes changing objectives unnecessary
- Transmitted light; supported objectives: 10x, 20x, 40x, 60x, 100x. Ask us for detailed specifications
- Automated x-y-stage 25 x 75mm (2 slides) or 50 x 75mm (1 slide)
- Automated Z-axis; Z-stacking
- Optional software based applications and analytics
- Specification: 45cm x 40cm x 30cm; 25kg
- Digitization & Scanning
- Scans (full or parts) and screen shots created within 60 seconds
- 15 x 15mm: 4min (40x magnification)
- 4 different scanning modes (quality, speed)
- Resolution: 20x, 0.5 NA: 0.32 μm / Pixel; 40x, 0.75 NA: 0.16 μm / Pixel
- Remote and real-time access
- Computer and Software
- Recommended: Dell or ASUS All-In-One & Multitouch, Win 8.1. or 10
- Connection from computer to M8: USB 3.0
- Image formats: PNG, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, VMIC, HTML
- Annotations, Measurements & Image Manipulations: CSV / XLS, VPA, FPF
- Software included